Give your bathroom a unique custom look by creating a chic vanity made from an old dresser, table, or buffet! It’d be great if you have the furniture on hand to use for this project, but if you’re on the hunt, think about stopping by your local antique shop, thrift store, or online neighborhood marketplace to find the perfect piece of furniture for you. Don’t forget to bring along your measuring tape, because the optimal FINISHED PRODUCT height you’re looking for is between 34 to 36 inches tall. A typical vessel sink is about 6 inches deep, so you may want to keep the height of the vanity between 28 and 30 inches tall.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect focal point for your bathroom, it’s time to get creative!
1. Choose your paint or stain color. If you’re going for an antique look we recommend checking out the Americana Decor Chalky finish paint that can be found at Jo Ann Fabric. It’s a simple and quick one-step system that will give you the vintage vanity you’re looking for!
2. Add some new hardware. Hobby Lobby has a great selection of vintage knobs. These engraved ceremic knobs are $6.99 each, easy to install, and would really contribute to the time-worn look.
3. Pick a stylish sink(s) that compliments your new vanity. We LOVE this gorgeous porcelain sink bowl that we found on Amazon.com, but don’t hesitate to shop around at your local Lowes or Home Depot.
4. Finish it off with a rubbed bronze faucet. Shopping online for bathroom fixtures gives you a ton of options and styles to choose from.
5. If you have open shelves then think about adding some baskets for storage or use the shelf space to keep folded or rolled up towels (as pictured above).
6. To compliment your new masterpiece, add a few decorative touches such as soap and lotion dispensers, a mirror(s), light fixture, or a pop of color with a floral centerpiece.
CLICK HERE for a complete step-by-step tutorial including materials and tools needed to make your own bathroom vanity.